Hi Ole,

The manpage you are looking for is ipmi-config.conf(5).  I suppose I need a better pointer to it in the ipmi-config(1) manpage.

Al

On 9/2/23 08:50, Ole Holm Nielsen via Freeipmi-users wrote:
I'm wondering what may be the FreeIPMI command to configure a server's IPMI username (say, root) and password for a (vendor specific) user number?

I'm guessing that the ipmi-config command could do the job, but the manual page doesn't seem to cover this simple task?

With Ipmitool I would use these commands:

ipmitool user set name $userno $IPMI_USER
ipmitool user set password $userno $IPMI_PASSWORD

Thanks for sharing any insight,
Ole

--
Al Chu