At 12:47 PM 8/8/2001 +0200, Joerg Reuter wrote:
>Hi,
>has anyone successfully set up MAC- address authentication via Radius for
>Lucent AP-1000 access points? I have a network here with 5 APs, each with a
>MAC ACL of about 30 hosts; to simplify administration I'm trying to switch
>to radius. I've configured one of the access points to use Radius (in
>addition to the standard auth table) for testing.
>The problem is that the access point doesn't even seem to try to contact
>the Radius server! Neither verbose debug radiusd nor snoop showed any
>packets coming from it.
> >From the testing notebook I can contact the AP via the AP tool, but can't
>contact the network.
>Can anyone give me a hint what's going wrong? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a problem with the AP.  I'd suggest looking for support on
that first.  Once you've got it talking to Radius, then this would be
the appropriate place, but right now it's a problem with the AP, not
the Radius server.

Sorry we can't help you yet.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html