> Here is what the output of the ./configure script says:
>
> checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
> checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no
> configure: warning: mysql libraries not found.  Use
> --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>.
> configure: warning: sql submodule 'mysql' disabled
>
> Here is the command that I am trying to run:
>
> ./configure --with-thread-pool --with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/include/mysql/
> --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/lib/mysql/ --with-mysql-dir=/usr/bin/

I finally figured this one out.

It seems that when I installed the mysql.gz slackware package that the
slackware packagetool  "pkgtool" didn't check the dependencies. This lead to
the problem that when the configure script from freeradius tried to check for
mysql_init in the libmysqlclient that the glibc version was wrong, so it
couldn't work. I then compiled mysql from source and did the same configure
script that I was trying to do all along and it worked fine:)

Alan, thanks for the help.

If anyone has any tips on using mysql w/ freeradius or any neat scripts to
monitor usage, my ears are open.

Nick

--
Nick Davis
Associate Systems Administrator

(612)676-1946
Web Development-Web Marketing-ISP Services

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html