I’m currently testing FreeRadius for a new ISP that I’m currently settings up. This is my first time running one with linux. I’ve always used NT so this is all new for me. Anyway, I’m authenticating against the linux system accounts. The problem I ran into is that I don’t want these customers to be able to telnet into the system. To stop this I set their shell to /bin/false. This stops them from telneting in but it also causes FreeRadius to respond with a reject. Am I going about this in the wrong way? Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Houtz