Dan,
        I am trying to get freeradius setup. We are currently using Livingston
Radius. They both allow for this as a check item.

Something like:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Group = "login"

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Group = "mailusers"

Make sure you have a group 'login' and also 'mailusers' on the system and
that the user belongs to that group. While I don't have the freeradius
working yet, I believe this will work fine, if not someone will hopefully
correct me. (maybe this is why I'm having trouble with authentication?:))

Hope this helps,
John McKinney

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html