At 10:33 AM 10/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>VISP Systems Administration <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is something I would love to see in freeradius also.  Can we run
> > external scripts for authentication?
>
>   Yes, sort of.  Do:
>
>DEFAULT     Auth-Type := Accept, Exec-Program := "/path/to/program %args"

OK.. I've done this.  But by adding the line you mention above it
authenticated _everyone_ regardless if the external program exits 1 or 0.

>   As the last DEFAULT, instead of 'Auth-Type := System'.  If the
>program returns 0, then the user is allowed in.  If the program
>returns 1, the user is denied.

Modifying the line to remove the Accept, section in any permuitation,
starting radiusd drops the error:
radiusd: /etc/raddb/users[150]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
Expected end of line or comma

Also, fixing the syntax then gives error:
radiusd: /etc/raddb/users[150]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
Unknown value Exec-Program for attribute Auth-Type

Ideas?