Hello!

>> > This is something I would love to see in freeradius also.  Can we run
>> > external scripts for authentication?
>>
>>   Yes, sort of.  Do:
>>
>>DEFAULT     Auth-Type := Accept, Exec-Program := "/path/to/program %args"

> OK.. I've done this.  But by adding the line you mention above it
> authenticated _everyone_ regardless if the external program exits 1 or 0.

my freeradius works with

DEFAULT Auth-Type := System
  Exec-Program-Wait = "/path/to/program",

in users file
if program returns 1 authentication failed.
for Start, Stop and Alive packets I have
DEFAULT  Acct-Status-Type == Start
         Exec-Program-Wait = "/path/to/radaccstart"

DEFAULT  Acct-Status-Type == Stop
         Exec-Program = "/path/to/radaccstop"

DEFAULT  Acct-Status-Type == Alive
         Exec-Program = "/path/to/radacccheck"