Thanks Alan,

I have discovered that if a user has /bin/false specified as a shell in the passwd
file, they can't login with freeradius. All of our normal users do have /bin/false
set.

If I change any user to /bib/bash or /bin/sh etc. then freeradius will
authenticate them.
Yes /bin/false exists.
login will only work if the user has a valid shell, of course.

Um, what next?

On the matter of += System vs := System. The sample users files says to use +=
System. that would need fixing.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Thanks
Mervyn

--
Mervyn Jack, Technical Director, Country Netlink Pty Ltd.
PO Box 529, Cobram, Vic. Australia, 3644

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html