[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthew Wallis) wrote:
> There was some discussion of a Debian package for 0.2 and 0.3.
> Just wondering if that had been done?

  Not yet, I think.  But you should be able to create a debian package
from the source yourself.

> Also wondering why you seem to prefer setting everything
> up under /usr/local now. Referring mostly to the logging side
> of things.

  It has to go somewhere, and we KNOW that if we create
/usr/local/var, then it exists, and is platform portable.

  It's a lot of work to figure out where 'var' exists, and whether or
not we should use it.  For your purposes, you can always edit the
configuration file: that's what it's for.

> I have a /var partition specifically for logging, and was
> rather irritated to find that logging was being done to
> /usr/local/var now. I did fix it myself, but would be
> interested to know if this was actually a design decision
> or it just happened.

  Implementation decision.

> And if I do install the .deb package, is it going to
> put the logs in the same place.

  I don't know.  Look in the 'debian' directory of the tar file.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html