Hello All,
        I run a small ISP in Perth.  We currently run a custom written version of
radiusd.

It was based on radiusd-2.0.1 from lucent/livingston.  It has patches for
extended logging,pam and it also excutes a script on each accouning packet
recieved.

When the script executes it has an environment made from the accouting packet.

ie:
NAS-IP-Address = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
NAS-Port = 115
NAS-Port-Type = Async
User-Name = "lfarinaccio"
Called-Station-Id = "93503000"
Acct-Status-Type = Start
Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
Service-Type = Framed-User
Acct-Session-Id = "0001BBFD"
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Acct-Delay-Time = 0
Timestamp = 994998760

becomes:

RADIUS_NAS_IP_ADDRESS=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
RADIUS_NAS_PORT=115
RADIUS_NAS_PORT_TYPE=Async
LOGNAME=lfarinaccio
RADIUS_CALLED_STATION_ID="93503000"
RADIUS_ACCT_STATUS_TYPE=Start
RADIUS_ACCT_AUTHENTIC=RADIUS
RADIUS_SERVICE_TYPE=Framed-User
RADIUS_ACCT_SESSION-ID="0001BBFD"
RADIUS_FRAMED_PROTOCOL=PPP
RADIUS_ACCT_DELAY_TIME=0

This script is used to insert data into a PostgreSQL database, and in the case
of VISP's run any apps they need launching.

I want to mirate to a more scaleable system.  I've been looking at FreeRadius
for this replacement.

I'm not a code guru and I'm finding the freradius architecture a little hard
to get my head arround.  Basically what I need to know is:

o Does Freeradius support PAM  ... I'm guessing Yes.
o Can it run an application unpon reciept of accounting packets ??
  If it can I can modify it to support the environment we need.
  This would be used mainly as an aid to migratiuon as I believe that
  FreeRadius can log accounting data directly into a DB.
o Will it be possible to use the above code to logg acocunting packets for
  proxied realms.

I'm not a Radius (protcol or daemon) expert, as you can prolly tell.  I'm just
looking for a better solution to the one we currently run.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */