-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Andrew
Melnikov
Sent: 16 October 2001 03:14
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Duplicate Users

> I'm experiencing a weird problem here. My authentication works
> fine up until when I try to supply a "Simultaneous-Use". Here's the
> error msg. radiusd gives me in Debug mode when I try to authenticate
> with a "Simultaneous-Use". It works fine if I take the Simultaneous-Use
> out. I checked and there's definitely no other users connected with that
> same account.

[skipped]

This is an old bug/feature. You can use Simultaneous-Use only in raddb/users
file (rlm_files).
You should place Simultaneous-Use := 1 there, not Simultaneous-Use == 1.

When you put Simultaneous-Use in radcheck/radgroupcheck table it doesn't
work. sql authorization module doesn't support operators now - it simply
assumes '==' by default.

If you want to enable Simultaneous-Use _AND_ SQL
authentication/authorization at least you should place Simultaneous-Use :=1
in raddb/users and enable files module in raddb/radiusd.conf

But in this case you will find other problems related to the order of
authorization modules in radiusd.conf and to so called "configurable
failover" feature of FreeRadius. There are some words regarding this in doc/
directory but I was unable to solve the problem 8o(.

Maybe someone in the list can help me to write a howto about
Simultaneous-Use and FreeRadius? There are a lot of mesages regarding this
problem in the list but I'm still unable to find the solution.

Kind regards,
Andrew

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See