Hi Everyone,

This is just an update to my earlier post about repeatable segmentation
faults under freeradius 0.4 when using MySQL.

I dropped back to version 0.3, but kept the same SQL database (ie has 'op'
fields, which are just ignored).

No more segfaults.

Can anyone else confirm that they are or are not able to replicate this?

The test is quite easy, just two quick queries with 'radtest'.  See my

FYI, I'm fairly sure that this is not a mismatched library issue (but, I'd
love it if I were wrong).  First, my backtraces do not show 'eval.c' like
some others with a slightly different problem.  And second, I've been very
careful to remove all the files I can find that are built by the freeradius
package.  Specifically:

        /usr/local/lib/rlm*
        /usr/local/bin/rad*
        /usr/local/sbin/check*
        /usr/local/sbin/rad*

The, I run "make distclean" and "./configure" between builds.

Are there any other files being installed that I need to wipe out?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     [EMAIL PROTECTED]