On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:41:48 -0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Andrew Laurence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried/succeeded in building and running on Darwin, aka Mac
> > OS X?
>
>   Not that I know of.
>
>   It should work, though.  It's running on FreeBSD && NetBSD.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

That is a fairly common misconception about OSX/Darwin. The Darwin that
runs on OSX is based on BSD, but it does use a different kernel, has some
funky libraries, and last time I tried it (10.0) used a heavily modified
GCC. The OSX/Darwin is also slightly different than the Darwin available
for x86. It's possible to build standard Unix programs on OSX, but you may
have to tweak the code in order to get it to run.--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - PGP KeyID#: 0xFB966670

"Crappy old OSes have value in the basically negative sense that
changing to new ones makes us wish we'd never been born."
                                -Neal Stephenson 1999

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html