Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 2:07 AM
Subject: spam on freeradius mailing list lately

Can we PLEASE switch this list so that only registered user can post to it?  It's clear that the mailing list's address has been sold out to the spam establishment, and rejecting messages from non-subscribers is the only way (IMHO) to prevent this from becoming a spam-relay group.  Sure it's not bad yet, but as we all know spam never goes away; it just gets worse.

I know some have said before, "but those that need immediate help will not be able to post!"  It may sound callous, but I say if you're running a production freeradius system you NEED to subscribe to this list (whether or not you're having problems) as a matter of intelligent system administration.  (I'm not talking out of my hat, either.  It's been _months_ since I've posted anything...  Just means I haven't had any problems!  Keep up the good work guys!  :) )  I.E.  you should be subscribed BEFORE you have the problem.

Anyone else with me?

Vincent Giovannone
Network Infrastructure Group
Information Services Division
Rush - Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center

"Monday" is the term used to signify the eighth day of my work week.