Hi,

I'm quite new with freeradius and I have following problem to solve: I'm
trying to get freeradius authenticate usernames which are in SQL7 (MS)
database.  I've understood that this could be possible with
rlm_sql_iodbc-module, at least in theory. Am I right? Has anyone ever done
this? (I apologize if MS is not the favorite subject here, but I have no
options...)

Okay, if that's possible in theory, how should I do it in practice?
Actually I think the main problem is how I get the iodbc-driver working,
because I tried to do the same thing with mysql-database and had no
problems with that.

Freeradius 0.4 is installed on RH7.2 server-installation, and I changed
sql.conf so that it tries to use rlm_sql_iodbc as a driver. All the other
configurations are like when used with mysql-database. Now when I start
'radiusd -xx' I get following errors:

rlm_sql: Could not link driver rlm_sql_iodbc: file not found
rlm_sql: Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search
path of your system's ld.
radiusd.conf[4]: sql: Module instantiation failed.

So I guess that iodbc-driver isn't compiled (with command 'locate
rlm_sql_iodbc' I find only sources...)

Any ideas what should I do to solve this problem? How do I compile
freeradius so that iodbc-driver is included?

Any help really appreciated,

Jukka

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html