On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Thomas Jalsovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >     I would like to send an Access reject packet to NAS when the
> > User-Name and User-Password fields match (successfull auth.)
>
>   Hmm... the server isn't really set up to do that now.
>
> > But it still returns Access accept and the sw in the NAS requires Access
> > reject.
>
>   Why does the NAS require and access reject when the username and
> password are OK?
>
>   Alan DeKok.

The sw in the NAS does:
does ISDN preauthentication - AAA with <phone number>,"reject"
if the auth. failed, it means, the use can continue, the ISDN line should
be picked up. If not, the ISDN disconnect will applied (it is important
for toll free - 800 - numbers).
If the <poneno>,"reject" isn't in the database, the user can continue, the
script tries authentication by the phone number in way:
AAA <phone number>,"accept" if auth is successful, auth is done; if not
account and pin are asked from the user....

        Thomas

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html