On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:15:01PM -0800, Joseph Soma Reddy wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone tell me the difference between freeradius and gnuradius?
> any major differences in features or stability etc.
> Are both of them developed from the same code base?

FreeRADIUS is one of the most modular and featureful RADIUS servers
available today.  It has been written by a team of developers who have
more than a decade of collective experience in implementing and
deploying RADIUS software, in software engineering, and in Unix package
management.  The product is the result of synergy between many of the
best-known names in free software-based RADIUS implementations,
including several developers of the Debian GNU/Linux operating system,
and is distributed under the GNU GPL (version 2).

... GNU radius?  GNU has their own RADIUS server now?  ... why?  Does
someone have an axe to grind?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer