On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Chris Parker wrote:

> At 06:20 PM 3/11/2002 -0700, Charlie Watts wrote:
> >On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Chris Parker wrote:
> > > At 10:18 AM 3/11/2002 -0700, Charlie Watts wrote:
> I would hazzard that your radtest is interpreting the filters incorrectly.

I was thinking perhaps it was showing the binary (ergh) versions of them.
It was ancient and, indeed, probably broken. No matter, I've switched from
it to the freeradius radtest; behaviour is still as described.

> >I uncommented your DEBUG2 lines in rlm_attr_filter.c and re-compiled.
> >Here's an example of what I see when using the := syntax:
> >
> >modcall: entering group authorize
> >   modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
> >   attr_filter: Matched entry realm.test at line 79
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Service-Type - 1 - 2
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Login-Service - 1 - 1
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Ascend-Data-Filter - 4 - 0
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Ascend-Data-Filter - 4 - 0
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Ascend-Data-Filter - 4 - 0
> >     attr_filter: creating vp Ascend-Data-Filter - 4 - 0
> >   modcall[authorize]: module "attr_filter" returns updated
>
> That tells you that 'attr_filter' created 6 a/v pairs and added them
> to the reply.  They are all separate vp's at this point.
>
> >        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip input forward 0"
> >         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip input forward 0"
> >         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip output drop 0"
> >         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip input forward 0"
> >Finished request 0
>
> Hmm, now that is a problem, as it shouldn't be setting 0.

Is it really "setting 0" ? It is getting "ip input forward" and "ip input
drop" before the 0 - so at least part of the strvalue is getting through.
Right?

> The problem is *possibly* in src/lib/filters.c, as that is where
> Data-Filters are parsed from text into binary data.

I assume you mean print_abinary(), which I only see used once in the whole
tree, in src/lib/print.c.

> If you aren't already, I'd upgrade to the latest CVS version, as there
> has been some work done at some point in the handling of Data-Filters,
> but I don't recall if that was before or after the 0.4 release.

I'm using CVS. Wouldn't think to ask if I wasn't. :-)

--
Charlie Watts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-