Well, if we're supposed to be reporting bugs:

(I've encountered this problem from 0.2 all the way up to the most recent
CVS)

I have proxying configured and working, but the accounting is kind of
strange.

The accounting packets are propery proxied to the end server, but the copies
that are written locally are a bit odd.

I'll start with the relevant information out of the "normal" accounting
packets I get:

Thu Mar 14 14:17:57 2002
        User-Name = "bob"
        Stripped-User-Name = "bob"
        Realm = "NULL"

Which is what I would expect.

Now, for the three different domains I proxy to, I get just:

Thu Mar 14 14:18:00 2002
        User-Name = "al@proxydomain"

And that's ALL (other than the IPs and whatnot) ...no Stripped-User-Name, no
Realm.

It's also important to mention that this also happens in the SQL database
I'm accounting to.  In the first case, the User-Name field gets "bob" and
the Realm gets "NULL", in the second case, the User-Name field gets
"al@proxydomain" and the Realm gets a "", _not_ "NULL".  So this would imply
that the accounting code itself knows how to proxy an accounting packet, but
writes it incorrectly to whatever accounting backend is in use.

Also note that I have to have sql_user_name set to "%{User-Name}" or I get
no user names at all in the SQL field.

I'm at my wits' end, I've started over from scratch more than once with the
out of the box configs, and I can find nothing on this on the mailing list
other than last time I mentioned this, months back.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Kalin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-