Alan,

I owe you an apology.  I think part of my problem was that I had copied
my naslist from cistron (when I upgraded).  I had set the type for an
old nas of ours to max40xxx instead of max40xxx.  When I upgraded to the
latest cvs, radiusd would crash within 15 seconds or so.  I ran in debug
mode for a bit and radiusd died when checkrad tried to read the type
from naslist.

I can't reprodce this problem (well...I could but) on a production box,
so the exact error message is in the bit bucket.

I realize this was my problem, but is it possible to have checkrad (is
this calling the perl script?) print something useful to the radius.log
when this happens instead of (even when you aren't running in debug mode):

Fri Mar 15 13:03:53 2002 : Error: MASTER: exit on signal (11)

I open to looking at the code myself, but I'm do perl not C.

Cheers,

Mike
--

Mike Cathey - http://www.mikecathey.com/