D. Duccini wrote:
> I saw this too, upgrade to .5, or put a watchdog cronjob to restart it if
> its not running (signal 11 issues etc)

An alternative is daemontools.  I was running daemontools already
(because I'm using djbdns), so I setup radiusd under it.  It works like
a charm.  It checks the daemon every 5 seconds and restarts it if it's
not running.  There's an entry in the FAQ (freeradius.org/FAQ ?)
detailing it's configuration.

An upgrade to latest CVS on Sunday (20020317) fixed the Sig11 problems
for me.  If you go this route, make sure that you copy the latest
dictionary file(s) from radiusd/raddb, because 'make install' won't
overwrite your old ones.

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY wrote:
>>Sometimes, when I restart the server with /etc/init.d/freeradius restart
>>(in a debian box), it stops but does not restart. In the log file, there
>>is anything but "Info: MASTER: exit".
>>
>>Have anybody already had this experience ?
>>
>>I use 0.4-snapshot20020215 with rlm_mysql_module

Cheers,

Mike
--

Mike Cathey - http://www.mikecathey.com/