>   Still, the server shouldn't core dump.

I completely agree that server should never core dump.

>   The EAP module *should* check for that error condition, log a
> complaint error message, and discard the EAP session.

If EAP module finds an invalid EAP packet from any of
the sub modules like EAP-MD5 then it always sends
EAP-FAILURE to the client.
So there is no way that Zero length EAP-packets are allowed.

Probably, I am overlooking.
Currently I am trying to simulate the problem here to fix it.

The functions that are framing the EAP packet are
eap_compose() & eap_wireformat() in eap.c

-Raghu

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html