On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Erling Paulsen wrote:

> Hello listusers,
>
> I run v.0.5 with 2 realms forwarded to Merit based RADIUS servers and DEFAULT
> no relmed requests to an Active Directory box. It runs on FreeBSD 4.5 in a
> chrooteed environment.
>
> All well, bells and trumpets, and then.. now I really need some help, and I
> would appreciate it, if someone could give me some hints.
>
> Problem scenario as follows:
> radiusd binds itself to IP address "B" on the NIC. It recieves requests on
> "B" and forwards request on "B" to its external RADIUS (merit based)
> authenticators (charmingly). However, when requests that needs to be forwarded
> by the rlm_ldap module to the MS Active Directory server, the module forwards
> the request on IP address "A" (the primary IP of the NIC, and not the one
> radiusd is binded to - address "B"). I REALLY need to have the request come
> from the same IP as the radiusd, because of some access lists out of my
> control.
>
> Even direct me to somewhere in the module source-code so I can make a hack!
>
> BTW: FreeRADIUS is a great effort, well done!
> Desperately, Erling Paulsen, Norway
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I don't think it can be done. I don't know of any way to set the source ip in
the ldap requests when using the ldap api. I may be wrong though. I believe you
could just use the firewalling facility of freebsd to route the ldap requests
through int B instead of A.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      National Technical University of Athens, Greece

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html