From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Stephan Viljoen
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 4:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Radius / DHCP

Hi  , this might be one of the supedist questions everybody ever posted to this group , but
hey , what the heck , won't know if I don't try heh. :)

I was wondering if one can use Radius to do dhcp. Let me give you my scenario , there might
be another solution to my problem.

I'm running a wireless network where I use radius the auth. my incoming users via a Mac. addy. I
then need to give each incomming Mac. address a static IP , this means I need to give the same
mac the same IP each time it auth. I tried to give each Mac a 'Framed-IP-Address' as a reply Item but
it doesn't seem to take it. Right now it seems that I will need to run a seperate DHCPD server to do that
job for me. Is there maybe another way of doing this or am I overlooking something.

Kind Regards
    Stephan