> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:00:03 -0700
> From: Raghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: freeradius troubles with cisco access
> point
>
> David Wong wrote:
> >
> > can anybody verify if freeradius works with
> cisco's
> > 350 series wireless access point?  and if not, can
>
> Yes. It works for me even for EAP-MD5 & EAP-TLS.
>

> -Raghu

well, maybe you can help me out.  i'm running windows
xp with a cisco 350 client card, communicating with a
cisco 350 access point.  here is my debug output when
i try to authenticate a user:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host
10.0.0.68:1065, id=31, length=139
       User-Name = "test"
       NAS-IP-Address = 10.0.0.68
       Called-Station-Id = "00409655a415"
       Calling-Station-Id = "0040965a763c"
       NAS-Identifier =
"applications1.undisclosed.com"
       NAS-Port = 29
       Framed-MTU = 1400
       NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
       EAP-Message = "\002Z\000\t\001test"
       Message-Authenticator =
0xd27bef927bcc6defa8bafab78573c66c
modcall: entering group authorize
modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns ok
   users: Matched test at 17
modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok
modcall: group authorize returns ok
rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
modcall: entering group authenticate
rlm_unix: Attribute "User-Password" is required for
authentication.
modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns invalid
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid
auth: Failed to validate the user.

and the "test" entry in my users file looks like this:

test            Auth-Type := System, User-Password ==
"password"

any help would be greatly appreciated ...