> > I did in a previous post, but here it is again for convenience:
>
> > #%PAM-1.0
> > auth            required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_krb5.so
> > account         required        /usr/pam/lib/security/pam_permit.so
>
> If this particular configuration doesn't work, then the
> pam_krb5 module
> you're using is buggy.  I would recommend the OpenPAM krb5
> module based
> on Frank Cusack's work, but I wouldn't swear that it doesn't
> also have
> this bug at present -- the devel team talked about making sure the
> module worked without local accounts, but I don't know that it's ever
> been committed to CVS.
>
> Kick me if you don't hear back from me on this in a day or so -- I'll
> take a look at what we have in the pam_krb5 CVS repository
> and fix it if
> it isn't already taken care of.

I've built an entirely new RedHat 7.2 box (which comes with pam_krb5,
etc. etc.), fully patched and all.  I'm going to try it  once more on
this box before moving on to another problem...

I can't get rlm_krb5 to build properly.  No matter what I do, configure
can't seem to find libkrb5:

checking for krb5.h... no
checking for krb5_encrypt_data in -lk5crypto... no
checking for DH_new in -lcrypto... yes
checking for set_com_err_hook in -lcom_err... yes
checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... no
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_krb5.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires:  krb5.

The Kerberos libraries are in /usr/kerberos/lib.  That directory is
listed in /etc/ld.so.conf and re-ran ldconfig just to make sure.
Headers are in /usr/kerberos/include.  So I tried the fist obvious
thing:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib"
export INCLUDES="-I/usr/kerberos/include"
./configure

That worked, but when I did 'make':

Making static dynamic in rlm_krb5...
gmake[6]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/freeradius-0.5/src/modules/rlm_krb5'
gcc  -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DNDEBUG -I../../include  -c rlm_krb5.c -o rlm_krb5.o
rlm_krb5.c:39:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
rlm_krb5.c:40:21: com_err.h: No such file or directory

Note that the -I/usr/kerberos/include isn't shown in the gcc line above.
This smells like a configure/Makefile problem to me.

--J

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html