"Don Click" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Couple of issues Im having here - freeradius .4, mysql and rh7.2. I have a
> computone and totalcontrol that use the radius to authenticate my users.
> this works great, EXEPT for:
> 1. DNS settings for dynamic connections dont get passed to the users -
> they cant resolve anything.20

  Find out why the NAS is ignoring the attributes in the response.

> 2. About BD of the users are unable to run the email client we use (its a
> nasty - Groupwise from Novell.) - which is IP only. This worked before I
> swithched from NTRadius.

  This is a standard question.  I've just updated the FAQ.

http://www.freeradius.org/faq/#4.13

> 3. Dialup admin doesnt correctly show users online - expesically if there
> are mulitpule users in with the same id.

  No idea.

> 4. Is there any FAQ stuff on getting a computone setup right? my users are
> getting auth. ok, (per the logs) but get dropped right after.?

  See the FAQ again.  If it worked for your previous RADIUS server,
then the problem is that you haven't configured FreeRADIUS correctly.

> Also - Is there an upgrade procedure for version 5? I have read the
> limited docs, and see nothing about an upgrade. I would hate to have to
> re-enter 1500 users..

  When installing a new version, FreeRADIUS does NOT over-write any of
your local configuration files.  So you can upgrade without worries.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html