Hi all

>From time to time I get the following error in the radiusd logfile:

Mon Apr 22 20:17:50 2002 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id 2051) for
request 338

After that warning there is a radiusd process that uses up to 99% of the cpu.
Only restarting the radiusd service cleans that.

I had a look at the radiusd.c sourcecode and if I am right this warning will
be printed if the max_request_time is reached and delete_blocked_requests ist
set to no.

Now I'm asking myself if I should set delete_blocked_requests to 'yes' to
avoid this problem. But I'm not shure because of the warning "Setting it to
'yes' when using a threaded server MAY cause the server to crash!" in the
configuration file. The server runs with a thread pool.

The system is a production system and should not crash. The max_request_time
limit is set to 60 seconds. Two NAS use this radius server; a cisco and a
portmaster that are connected via fast ethernet. There are not many requests
so that I don't think that it could be a performance problem.

Any ideas? What would you do? How could I debug that?
What could make this child processes crashing/using too much time?

BTW: We're talking about radiusd-0.5

Thanks for listening
Marco
--