I'm using Sun's ld ( /usr/ccs/bin/ld ). Thank you, changing the value to
-Gshareable in the Makefile did the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Parker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25 April 2002 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Error making Pam radius on Solaris 7

At 10:52 AM 4/25/2002 -0400, Cormier, Michael wrote:
>I get a fatal error while trying to make pam. Here's the output, any
>assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>

>ld -Bshareable pam_radius_auth.o md5.o -lpam -o pam_radius_auth.so
>ld: fatal: option -B has illegal argument `shareable'
>ld: fatal: Flags processing errors
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pam_radius_auth.so'
>root 75 % =>

What ld are you using?  On Solaris it is highly recommended to use Sun's
'ld' found in /usr/ccs/bin/ld.  If you are using gnu's ld then you may
have problems.

Sun's ld also wants '-G' to create a shared object.  Perhaps configure
should be update for this ( note this is *NOT* the rlm_pam module that
is part of FreeRADIUS, but the Apache MOD_AUTH_PAM module ).

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \        Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See