At 09:13 AM 4/25/2002 -1000, Gillou wrote:
>I have a problem with SQL queries that taking a *huge* length of time and i
>need to replace the UPDATE statement by INSERT
>My SQL table is 1.000.000 entries and an UPDATE statement take 1 or 2
>minutes long.
>Too long for authentication.

Wow.  You need to fix your database.

>Alan said that indexing the table would help. I don't know how indexing
>works. Can somebody write a little tutorial on indexing SQL tables to be
>used with freeradius ?

That's really outside of the scope of freeradius, and in the scope of
general "how to use a database".

See some examples at:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html

You really need to learn how to admin a relational database.  That requires
a knowledge of how they work, and cannot be accomplished with a simple
readme file.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \        Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html