At 11:46 AM 02/04/26 -0400, you wrote:
>Chris Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Perhaps, though I'd rather not duplicate functionality that's already
> > there.  I'm a minimalist, so I prefer to keep the modules simple in what
> > they do unless there isn't another way already of doing what you want.
>
>   I tend to agree.
>
>   Although I supposed I could put the patch into the
>'pub/radius/contrib/' directory, on the FTP site.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
I agree with the minimalist approach, but if we apply that to the rlm_realm
module, then it should not be required at all, since all its functionality
can already be achieved in another way.

My understanding of the DEFAULT directive in the users file has always been
that it is there to:
a. provide a default policy for a number of users
b. apply a policy for some very special conditions that cannot be done
through other methods or modules (yet) as looping through a large number of
DEFAULT statements can be expensive.

I don't believe that conditional proxy falls into either of these cases as
it is quite a common requirement (where I come from at least), hence my
idea of doing this in the rlm_realm module.

Anyway, I won't drag this matter out any longer if nobody agrees with me
(I'll just sulk all weekend)

Eddie

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html