FWIW, I just tried it again on that same RADIUS server .  I changed my
DEFAULT entry in my users file from:

    DEFAULT Auth-Type := PAM

    Simultaneous-Use := 1, Auth-Type := PAM

and POOF...for any particular RAS I'd get three valid packets, than a bogus
one, then another two or three good ones, then another bogus - just like I
saw when I tried this last.  The NAS-IP-Address would always be correct, but
the Client-IP-Address would be garbage.  Oh, and the
Acct-Session-Time, -Input-Octets, -Output-Octets, -Input-Packets,
and -Output-Packets would all be 0.

I turned it off before I did too much damage, so I didn't have time to
packet sniff or anything.

This was a right around 0.4 CVS version, but the exact date escapes me right
now.

I can provide complete config files if anyone is interested, but I'm going
to try this with the current CVSs first.

Oh, and Linux 2.4.9.

Chris Kalin