Please help. This may have already been solved. If someone knows where I can
find the answer in the mailing list, please let me know.

I encounter a small problem with FreeRADIUS 0.5 release. The test
environment is between a Cisco IOS 12.2 router and a RedHat 7.2 Linux
FreeRADIUS server. FreeRADIUS was compiled on the RH Linux machine using the
enclosed freeradius.spec by way of RPM.

If I use the normal command line to start the radius server as in "radiusd"
or "radiusd -y", the accounting information will be sent from Cisco router
and recorded 3 times in the /var/log/radius/radacct/{NAS IP address}. It
seems that the accounting information sent by the router did not get a reply
from the radius server, so the router retries again and again.

However, if I run the radius server in the debug mode such as "radiusd -xy"
or "radius -xxy", the radius server indeed sends a reply to the router's
accounting information. The accounting information gets to be registered
only once.

The above is true whether I run the radiusd in foreground or background
daemon mode.

I think I am missing something. Please enlighten me. Thanks,

Joseph Liu
JPL
Pasadena, CA

-