With the kind help of Alan DeKok last week, I was able to configure the
sending of properly formed accounting packets to my freeradius server,
which successfully logged to mysql.

And I can successfully authenticate a testuser.

However, I am now having difficulty in the access stage. All of my users
reside in ldap. They have an attribute radiusClass, which if set to
"AnalogUser" should allow them access. I have the following lines in
radiusd.conf:

access_group = "ou=People,o=CTTEL,c=US"
access_attr = radiusClass

I can search successfully by doing an ldapsearch at the commandline for
either the user, the radiusclass, or both.

However, I am unsuccessful with radius. A log excerpt is below:
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=People,o=CTTEL,c=US, with filter
(uid=gozilla)
rlm_ldap: checking if remote access for gozilla is allowed by
radiusClass
rlm_ldap: checking user membership in dialup-enabling group
ou=People,o=CTTEL,c=US
radius_xlat:  'ou=People,o=CTTEL,c=US'
radius_xlat:  'radiusClass'
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=People,o=CTTEL,c=US, with filter
radiusClass
rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Bad search filter

I might just be way off track right now...

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Sincerely,

Michael Klatsky