At 12:25 AM 5/21/2002 -0400, Eric Reischer wrote:
>I see in a lot of the dictionary files that there is a terminate-cause
>value called "radius-request", yet I have not found a way to get Radius to
>auto-kick people off after their daily time limit has been exceeded.  I'm
>using an Ascend Max 6096 in VSA mode, and I also enabled the
>daily-session-limit counter, but this function does not appear to
>terminate any active sessions for the user after their daily limit has
>been met.  Does anybody know how to go about doing this?  I was thinking
>about performing some type of arithmetic function in the session-timeout
>reply value in the users file, but I'm not sure if that file will accept
>an arithmetic function as a reply value.

Radius is mostly stateless, in that it only communicates with the NAS upon
the NAS's request, it doesn't initiate communication.

You could implement this via a modified 'rlm_counter' module that returns
a 'Session-Timeout' value for the remaining time allocated to the user, if
you really wanted to.

>Also -- Separate question:  The Lucent/Ascend MAX uses a separate
>attribute called Ascend-Terminate-Cause in place of the disconnect-reason
>attribute, and I added its declaration and attribute values to the
>dictionary file, yet it is still not saving the entries in my SQL
>accounting database.  I changed the postgresql.conf queries so they use
>Ascend-Terminate-Cause, but it still doesn't save it.  I turned on detail
>logging and I see the attribute being returned by the terminal server, but
>it's getting lost somewhere after that.  Has anybody else had this problem?

Not sure there, what are the column definitions for this?  Have you turned
on sql tracing?

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html