On Wed, 22 May 2002, Abel Alejandro wrote:

> IPPOOL seems that it cannot give all the ip addresses on the range,
> it starts giving addresses but if there are 50 ip's it only gives 10.

Hmm, from what i tested right now it will give out all the ips.

> FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE running Freeradius from of 19/05/02 (cvs).
>
>         ippool arecibo {
>                 session-db = ${dbdir}/arecibo.db
>                 ip-index = ${dbdir}/arecibo-ip.db
>                 range-start = 196.12.182.65
>                 range-stop = 196.12.182.121
>                 netmask = 255.255.255.192
>                 cache-size = 1024
>         }
>
> That is the configuration for the ippool, it runs fine, it assigns addresses
> and everything looks okay.
> However looking it in debug mode, I see a not very normal behaviour. It
> start giving the address
> on random sequences for example, instead of first assign 196.12.182.65 it
> give 196.12.182.73 (first time, with virgin db).

That has to do with the gdbm library. The db is not a linked list but a hash and
there isn't any way to tell how they will be ordered inside the file.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      National Technical University of Athens, Greece

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html