hi

> > deciding where to take the password from in the authorize {} section in
> > radiusd.conf file and to authenticate with the ... appropriate module in
> > authenticate {} ?
>
>   The 'unix' module.  It's called 'system' for historical reasons.

Why would i do Auth-Type := System for EAP/MD5 then??? That's what Raghu
said I should do.
What does Local mean then? "files"?

> > Why do we have to use different tokens anyway? Why is "User-Password ==
> > something" during "Auth-Type := something"? Can it be "Auth-Type ==
> > something"? Are those not both just Radius-attributes?
>
>   No.  The password is a string given by the user, and sent via RADIUS
> to the server..  The Auth-Type is a *control* attribute, which is
> internal to the server, which tells the server how to authenticate the user.

Ok, 'man 5 files' really DOES explain the difference, thank you and
sorry for bothering.

>   They are.  See 'raddb/dictionary', and the comments in it.

ok, got this.

Greetings,

artur

--
Artur Hecker                                 Groupe Accès et Mobilité
hecker[at]enst[dot]fr             Département Informatique et Réseaux