Hello James,

Friday, May 31, 2002, 7:38:53 AM, you wrote:

JA> Hello there,
JA> Currently have freeradius 0.5 running with mysql.  All
JA> passwords are in clear text in db.  I have a passwd file
JA> from another server which has both md5 and crypt passwords,
JA> is it possible to merge both of the password types into
JA> the database along side each other and with the clear text?

Enable PAP module in radiusd.conf and specify your encryption_scheme
(also may be create two pap groups in authenticate section of radiusd.conf
one for md5 and another for crypt)

insert into radcheck record like with you usernames and crypted
password

id  UserName Attribute      Value           op
325 user     Crypt-Password oHTsiHcjK0SjA     :=

insert in usergroup

 id UserName GroupName
 1   user    crypt_group

 insert into radgroupcheck

 id GroupName Attribute Value op
 6 crypt_group Auth-Type PAP :=

--
Best regards,
 rust                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]