I have an interesting problem. What I am trying to do is set up, on a single
piece of hardware, a number (we'll say 10 for example) of RADIUS instances
proxying requests to other ISPs' RADIUS servers. In the old-style realms
format, I simply use a NONE and a DEFAULT entry to map all requests,
including those with no realm, to the remote server.

With FreeRADIUS 0.5 running on an Intel /FreeBSD box, I can also do this
when I use "realms". But I want to use "proxy.conf" instead. However, when I
set up the realms in proxy.conf, all authentication via proxy RADIUS fails
because apparently FreeRADIUS sees that the username does not have a request
and tries to authenticate locally.

Perhaps I am just missing something obvious, but how can I implement this
behavior in FreeRADIUS? I just want ALL requests which arrive on this
specific FreeRADIUS instance to be passed unstripped to the remote RADIUS
server for processing.

I greatly appreciate any help on this!

Brian Tackett

 +++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
document.+++

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html