I don't think the fastuser module will support exactly what we need.  You
said that freeradius should refer to a module in radius.conf if it detected
dbm libraries upon install.  I have made sure that we have gdbm-1.8.0-14 and
even re-installed it, but there is still no module for dbm in radius.conf.
I did make sure that rlm_dbm-0.6.so and rlm_dbm-0.6.la are both present in
/usr/local/lib and I added /usr/local/lib (where my gdbm libraries are
installed) in /etc/ld.so.conf.  Any ideas on getting the dbm modules to show
up?

Thanks again!

Brad

"Brad Crotchett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I read somewhere that you can run ./configure with the --with-dbm
> flag, and I have tried that with identical results.

  So you didn't try looking at 'configure --help', which outputs the
flags it *does* accept.

  There is no '--with-dbm'

> I am using freeradius 0.6 and my radius.conf does not have anything
> about DBM in it.  In the Module Configuration section I have PAM,
> UNIX, EAP, MS-CHAP, PAP, LDAP, passwd, realm, and pre-processing,
> but nothing about DBM.

  There's the 'fastusers' module, which should do what you want.

  There is also an 'rlm_dbm' module, but it's experimental, and not
well documented.  Search the list archives for more details.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html