On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:07:07 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The trouble is that these packets are not EXACTLY identical. They use to
have some different values - which of course I don't remember now, as I'm
far from my radius box now. Something about timeout between NAS send
and radius acknowledges it.(at least on my case and someone else which
wrote me months ago, but I didn't kept his email)

>> I'm using 0.5 and just noticed that when the same acct packet arrive
>> more than once to the server, the counter module does not control the
>> fact that it is repeated -not even if the acct_uniq module is being
>> used- and its count-attribute get added several times.
>  Yes, that's a problem.
>  The issue is that the counter module (and much of the server) has no
>way of knowing if the accounting packet is a duplicate or not.  So
>it's difficult to know when to do something with an accounting packet,
>and when to ignore it.

>  The SQL module would know it was duplicate, because it has
>persistent storage and lookup.  The 'detail' module wouldn't, because
>it doesn't do lookups.
>> Anyone working on this?
>  Nope.  I'm not sure if there's a simple fix right now.

              Alexandre Ganso - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group
6, 7 e 8 de setembro - Aniversario 10 anos Steel Goose - Ouro Branco - MG
       500 Four 1974... Não corre. Mas me leva até o fim do mundo.
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ# 3778773

"Too many freaks, not enough circuses"

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html