On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:35:22AM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Jason Haar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've compiled up 0.7 successfully under Redhat 7.2 with openssl-0.9.6b, but
> > when I try to use xsuplicant on a WLAN Linux client, radiusd crashes:
>
>   Uh, no.  Your shared libraries are set up wrong.  The server asks to
> do run-time linking, and *your* run-time linker fails to find that symbol.

So you mean Redhat have it wrong again? There's a surprise :-)

>   <shrug>  Figure out how to get shared libraries working on your
> system.  It's not the fault of the server that your dynamic linker
> can't resolve a symbol.

Seriously? So no-one running Redhat can make this work (I've tried it under
RH 7.1 and 7.2)? I've already had someone else e-mail me saying they have
the same problem, so it looks pretty generic. The other rlm modules work
fine - it's just the eap ones that have this problem (i.e. it's an openssl
issue). BTW: I did all the LD_PRELOAD and libdir stuff to no avail.

Anyway, now that I've read the docs, I'm wondering if EAP-TLS support is
actually finished yet. doc/eap says:

"Please note that WEP is not yet supported in freeradius"

Is that still the case? The whole reason we're looking at EAP-TLS is to work
around the gross security problems with WLANs - and EAP-TLS provides that
protection by dynamically generating WEP session keys...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html