hi alan :)

> > it is definitive, however, in my case the headers are installed in
> > /usr/local/mysql/include (the mysql.h file is in this directory)
>
>   Everyone installs things in different places, and expects the poor
> 'configure' script to figure it all out <sigh>.

no, i don't expect it to find it. but i _do_ expect it to use the path
i've just given to it as command-line parameter. in that case it
shouldn't add any underpathes, the path should be used like it is, what
do you think?

> > why does he look for mysql/mysql.h? the file is directly in the provided
> > include directory.
>
>   It looks there because that's where the default mysql install puts
> it.

well, not in my case: ./mysql  Ver 11.17 Distrib 3.23.49a, for
pc-linux-gnu (i686). and as i said, i copied it into the directory, it
can't find it. i don't get it...

>   So submit a patch.  Look at the rest of the 'configure.in' scripts
> for examples of what to do.

sorry, i have no idea how to do so.

> > and the third one: do you know if the MPPE-patch for the TLS module
> > (Henrik and Lars) has been integrated into sources?
>
>   I don't know.  Have you tried looking in the source?

ok, i will take a look, thank you.

ciao
artur

--
Artur Hecker                                 Groupe Accès et Mobilité
hecker[at]enst[dot]fr             Département Informatique et Réseaux