At 04:20 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, Nick Marino wrote:
>I get this message when I try to start FreeRadius.
>
>radiusd.conf: "SQL" modules aren't allowed in 'authenticate' sections --
>they have no such method.
>
>When I take it out it starts up fine but how do I then authenticate
>against the mysql database and not a flat text file.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Covered every other day or so on this list.  You are retrieving the password
information from MySQL.  You are then using the PAP or CHAP or some other
module to perform the authentication.  If you want to force one type or
another, use the 'Auth-Type' attribute in the 'check items' table of your
database to set the type of authentication you want.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html