Hello,

        I've been using freeradius as authentication server for quite some time
now, and so far it has worked very well. However, now one of my
colleagues has asked me to set up a second radius server for local
dialup accounts which will be administered by someone who doesn't have
the faintest idea how to admin a linux system, so I decided to set that
one up with mysql-based authentication and write a set of php scripts
around it to nip that headache in the bud.

I've been looking for docs on how to set this up, but other than the sql
schema to create the databases I didn't find much, so I have a couple of
questions:

First off, is it neccessary to fill the dictionary table as well, or can
the text version be used directly for that? More to the point, how do I
tell radiusd to ONLY look in its sql table for authentication?

Second, is there any way to use crypted passwords in the SQL database?
I'm keeping a fairly tight lid on security in most matters but plaintext
passwords always make me nervous.

Thanks for the software,
-Shad
--
Rens Houben                           |    opinions are mine
Resident linux guru and sysadmin      | if my employers have one