Hello, all

Several of you have recently asked me about the status of the O'Reilly
book on RADIUS that I wrote, and I thought I might send a short update
to the list to let you know what's going on.

1.  I have created a support site for the book at
http://www.theradiusbook.com.  There's most everything about the book on
the site: a description of the book, a description of me, the table of
contents, and a sample chapter (see point 2 below).  I also have a
mailing list created so readers can discuss the book, offer feedback and
criticism, and make suggestions for the next revision.  I'll be
monitoring that mailing list closely.  There are also on the site links
to buy the book from every major online distributor, and a link to
Amazon which, if you purchase the book through it, will contribute some
money to the FreeRADIUS development effort.

2.  There are now sample chapters posted on the web.  The O'Reilly site
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/RADIUS) has the complete text of Chapter
5, "Getting Started with FreeRADIUS," and a portion of Chapter 9, "New
FreeRADIUS Developments." My site has Chapter 5 posted in a web version
and a printer-friendly version.  You're welcome to check out each of them.

3.  My editor wrote me just a few minutes ago and told me he was holding
a copy of the actual published book in his hand.  Apparently I'm not
important enough to receive a copy straight from the press, much to my
chagrin, so I've gone ahead and purchased a copy myself.  So the book
exists, and it should be arriving to all of the major online retailers
and some brick-and-mortar stores within the next couple of days.

Thanks to all of you who have pre-ordered the book.  You should receive
your copies very soon.

You're welcome to ask me any questions about the book you like - I can
be reached at jon at jonathanhassell dot com.

Best wishes to you all.

---
Jonathan Hassell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]