At 11:31 AM 10/18/2002 -0500, Tim D. McCracken wrote:

When running 'make install', it appears that right after the 'libtool
mode=link' command
runs, it tries to run something called 'ar' with arguments of 'cru' and a
bunch of the object modules - except that libtool thinks it is an argument
to libtool.

I am sure that this is just ignorance on my part, but what is 'ar'.  I have
done lots of development on non-unix platforms, but am kinda new in this
area.
'ar' is an 'archiver'. It takes multiple .o files and creates a single .a
file suitable for latter linking as a static library.

You will need it to compile nearly anything. Check your paths to ensure
the path to 'ar' is included properly.

-Chris
--
\\\|||/// \ StarNet Inc. \ Chris Parker
\ ~ ~ / \ WX *is* Wireless! \ Director, Engineering
\ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net