Hi All,

I'm running FreeRADIUS 0.7.1 under FreeBSD 4.6. I'm also using MySQL as a source for the radius details.

Recently, the server has kept dieing at random points in the day - which we tracked down to it running out of mysql socket connections.

So, we doubled the number of connections it could have (from admitadly the default 10 to 20). It still ran out, so we doubled it again to 40, it still ran out - so, we've now set it to 100.

Does anyone have any recomendations for a value for this? [I can hear the cries of 'how busy is the server?' :)] - the server handles about 20-30 thousand auth requests a day, according to some quick checks, it's peak 'rate' seem to be about 5 requests a second.

radiusd.conf now sets max_requests to 1024, max_servers = 32, min_spare_servers = 3 and max_spare_servers = 10.

With that in mind, a limit of 100 connections seems to be a little high? - I'm just checking 100 isn't an outrageous number for max_servers of 32, and with the loading on the system.

-Karl Pielorz