Hi Chris,

i guess the bug is at rlm_preprocess.c:huntgroup_cmp

this func was call by paircmp ,
then in this func it call paircmp to do comparison,

i suppose huntgroup_cmp shall match the huntgroup
by comparing the check item with "NAS-Identifier", NAS-IP-address",
"Client-IP-Address"... available in request.
As long as one of the attr match, the huntgroup_cmp
func shall declare as match.
Since paircmp will only declare success if all check item match,
therefore, we can't reuse paircmp in huntgroup_cmp directly.

correct me if I am wrong.

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, CheongMeng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tried with today cvs, still can't work.
> my configuration:
>
> huntgroups file:
> ---------------
> bras         NAS-Identifier == "BRAS"
>
> users file:
> -----------
> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name != "bras"
>         Reply-Message = "test"
>
> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "bras"
>         Reply-Message = "no test"
>

> then I use radclient to send:
> User-Name = "abc", Password = "secret", NAS-IP-Address =
> 123.99.290.11, NAS-Identifier = "BRAS"
>
> then I got the reply:
> Received response ID 7, code 2, length = 29
>         Reply-Message = "test"
>
> but I can see from the debug message, that huntgroup of "bras" is match:
>   modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns ok
>   huntgroups: Matched bras at 1
>   huntgroups: Matched bras at 1
>   huntgroups: Matched bras at 1
>   huntgroups: Matched bras at 1
>     users: Matched DEFAULT at 1
>   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok
> modcall: group authorize returns ok
>

> seem like that the radiusd treate "Huntgroup-Name !=" same as
> "Huntgroup-Name ==".
>
> is this a bug?
>
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Chris Parker wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:06:31 -0500
> > From: Chris Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: users file "Huntgroup-Name !=" not working
> >
> > At 11:56 AM 10/16/2002 +0800, CheongMeng wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >can't get "Huntgroup-Name !=" working in the users file.
> > >tried to run in debug mode, I see it match the huntgroup line,
> > >but when come to "users", the "Huntgroup-Name" didn't take effect at all.
> > >
> > >I am using freeradius cvs dated 31 Aug.
> > >
> > >found that this bug did not exist at freeradius-0.5
> > >a check on code, found that that are a lot of difference in the
> > >valuepair.c:paircmp and rlm_preprocess:huntgroup_access.
> > >
> > >I am not sure if this is the root of the problem,
> > >can some developer shed some light?
> >
> > Upgrade first.  If you're still having the problem, we can look at it
> > further.  It is very hard to determine whether it's a bug that has been
> > fixed or an improper configuration without running the latest release.
> >
> > -Chris
> > --
> >     \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
> >     \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
> >     | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
> > oOo---(_)---oOo--\------------------------------------------------------
> >                    \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net
> >

> > -
> > List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
> >

> --
> Cheers,
> CM.

Pacific Internet ^ Voted Best Asia-Pacific ISP in 2002, 2001, 2000 & 1999
by
Telecom Asia.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message and any attachment hereto may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it immediately and kindly notify us by reply
email.
We do not assure the security of information electronically transmitted,
and
your communication with us through such means shall signify your
acceptance
of any risk attaching thereto. Conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Pacific Internet
Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.