From: McKay, Raymond [mailto:RMcKay@;vugames.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 10:28 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: EAP-TLS + ORINOCO AP-2000 + Dynamic WEP (Windows XP Supplicant)

Greetings,

I am setting up a wireless network using FreeRadius and ORINOCO AP-2000
access points.  I am trying to setup EAP/TLS for auth and encryption.  At
this point, I have the supplicant successfully connecting to the AP.
FreeRadius then authenticates the user and reports an Access Accept.  A few
seconds later the XP supplicant disconnects from the AP and requests that I
select my wireless network to logon again.  Throughout this process, no
packets are sent to the network behind the APs besides the auth info to the
FreeRadius server.  My understanding is that at the point of auth, the
FreeRadius server, AP, and supplicant negotiate a WEP key based on the
session key data.  It seems that this isn't happing which is causing the
client to disconnect.  As I am not getting any errors on the Radius server,
AP, or client that indicates the source of the problem, I'm not sure where
to start looking.  The question is, is this a problem with FreeRadius not
negotiating properly, the AP not transmitting the data, or the supplicant
not processing the auth properly?  Has anyone seen this problem yet or am I
just the lucky first?

I am using FreeRadius 0.7.1
Orinoco AP-2000 SW Version 2.0.2
Windows XP SP1 (also tried original WinXP)

Raymond McKay
IT Manager / Network Administrator
Funnybone Interactive
Vivendi Universal Games